Episode 34: The Wizard of Oz
Loren and Scott are off to see the wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz.
This Week’s Podcast: The Wizard of Oz
- 0:00-1:11: Intro!
- 1:14-4:06: Loren thoroughly enjoyed season 1 of Netflix’s House of Cards.
- 4:07-7:33: Scott has high hopes for The Americans.
- The Americans has been renewed for a second season.
- 7:34-10:13: Loren saw A Good Day to Die Hard with the wife and lived to tell the tale.
- 1o:14-12:48: Scott survived The Raid: Redemption, the most tense and intense film he can remember ever seeing.
- 12:49-15:59: Scott was quite moved by the apocalyptic romance Perfect Sense.
- 16:00-19:43: Loren and Scott begin discussing The Wizard of Oz, comparing ye olde studio system with how things are run today.
- 19:43-20:36: This movie had 20 different writers work on it.
- 20:36-22:21: A terrifying tale of paint fume inhalation and phantom singing.
- 22:22-26:36: The story of The Wizard of Oz, which leads to a conversation of the special effects and then circles back to the story again.
- 26:37-30:46: Loren and Scott the musical aspect of the movie, specifically focusing on the Over the Rainbow sequence.
- 30:46-35:19: Scott doesn’t like the ending.
- 35:20-37:37: Loren is pretty sure Scarecrow’s make-up is the best make-up in any movie ever.
- 37:38-41:43: Sound stages! Sound stages for as far as the eye can see!
- 41:45-44:22: Scott and Loren give their verdicts.
- 44:24-55:24: Loren and Scott share some other recommendations.
- 55:25-56:20: Outro!
- 56:17-56:28: An easter egg? In February?